The CleverLoop Smart Home Security system is no longer working.
It was a great system but unfortunately no longer available.
Cleverloop camera reuse ?
Having both indoor and outdoor cameras is there anything you can do to reuse them. Cleverloop use ONVIF – an open industry forum that provides and promotes standardized interfaces for effective interoperability of IP-based physical security products.
Network Error on cleverloop app.
As the app no longer works you are not able to use it to monitor & receive alerts. but what about the cameras?
the cameras still work & can be reused
A 720p HD camera with a 110 degree field of view giving a good range to cover a room or area and if installed in a corner (but not as good as the Piper NV 180 degree range). It has night vision that switches over automatically to allow you to continue to get coverage. It allows for two way audio so you can have conversations with anyone at home or with your pets.
This 720p HD camera field of view of the camera is 60 degrees making this good to cover a defined areas such entrance ways or alongside a house, specific part of a car park or garden rather than large open spaces. The switch between day and night visions is automatic and fairly seamless. At night the length of vision is up to 65 ft with infra-red. It is weather proof.
The video quality of both cameras is very clear during daytime and night vision. You can clearly see what is going on and see faces. There is little blurring. So why not reuse them
find your camera on your local network- you can check your router to get its address.
open a web browser and go to the cameras ip address.
will be something like http://192.168.0.30/
admin / 123456 are the default user name / pass word unless you reset it.
You will need to use a new App to watch recorded clips, download them for safekeeping or share them with others.
On SD Card. this stores all motion clips – important and other events as deemed by the learning algorithm.
External Hard Drive. This is the way to go if you want continuous storage and still get important motion clips stored in the cloud. You plug the hard drive into the USB slot on the base station. This storage starts to work as soon as you plug it in. A 1 Tb hard drive can record up to 45 days of one camera at 720p resolution.
There is a limitation on the use of the external hard drive. You can only record to it continuously when the camera is in stay disarmed or auto disarmed. When it is in stay armed or auto armed mode the continuous recording stops and only record important motion clips.
Another issue is that you can’t view the external hard drive video using the App but have to disconnect it and connect to another computer to watch it.
- Indoor and outdoor cameras are available
- Can monitor remotely using IOS and Android devices
- Multiple choices for storage of video – cloud, SD Card or external hard drive
- No monthly fees payable or contract to sign
- Learning algorithm will help to cut down on the number of false alerts to your phone
- Sends notifications to your phone when important motion is detected
- No cabling needs to be laid to connect cameras to base station
- Cameras and base station allowing them to be take with you when you move house
- The App is easy to navigate around to get to live feed and reviewing recorded events
- Easy to set up
- Is expandable with purchase of base stations
- Multiple locations can be controlled by one App
- Easy to add as many people as you want to monitor and receive notifications
- Can use scheduling and geo fencing to automate arming/disarming the system
- Can choose where to record video locally or remotely on supplier’s servers
- Recording starts, and notifications are sent immediately when a security event is detected and this continues until movement stops being detected
- No longer work
- Limited to only 4 cameras per base station. You need to buy additional base stations as well as cameras if you want more.
- Not compatible nor able to integrate with other smart home devices
- There is no battery backup for use in the event of a power outage.
- When there is a power outage the system stops working
- No audible alarm when motion detected
- Cameras need to be installed with an available power supply which may limit where you can place them outdoors
- Can only have continuous recording to USB flash drive or hard drive when in disarmed mode
- Only records a 10 second video clip when set to motion record
- Cameras do not pan/tilt/zoom (nor digitally)
CleverLoop Smart Home Security out of business
The competitive pricing and features of the CleverLoop where not really enough to keep them, going – unfortunately with no subscription charges i guess they ran out of revenue